How to Start a Nissan with a Dead Key Fob
There’s nothing worse than getting ready to go out for a movie or run an errand and you can’t get into, or even start, your Nissan. If this is the case, you could be looking at a dead Nissan key fob battery. Can you start a Nissan with a dead key fob? You can! Let us at Jeffrey Nissan tell you how.
How to Start Your Nissan With a Dead Key Fob
While you may need a Nissan key fob replacement, you can still get inside of the vehicle. All you need to do in order to access the interior of your Nissan is:
- Flip the key fob over and push the small release latch on the back.
- Remove the hidden emergency key.
- Use the key to unlock the driver’s side door.
And that’s all you need to enter your Nissan Altima (or other model) with a mechanical key!
How to Start Your Your Nissan With a Dead Key Fob
But what if you rely and keyless entry and your car won’t start? Nissan models have other ways of being started:
- If your vehicle has a key fob port, you can put the key fob in the port and tap the brake pedal or clutch as you press the START/STOP button.
- If you find your Nissan car, truck, or SUV doesn’t have a port, simply hold the key fob against the START/STOP button while stepping on the brake or clutch.
Even when your Nissan key fob is dead, you should be able to start the vehicle! But of course, you’ll want to change the key fob battery soon.
Nissan Key Fob Battery Change
When you replace the battery in your Nissan smart key, you can go back to the ease of entering and starting your vehicle with the key fob. Here are the steps to take to replace the battery in your key fob:
- Remove the hidden key used to get into your Nissan when the battery died.
- Remove the key housing as well as the old battery.
- Replace the CR2025 battery with the negative side facing up.
- Put the key fob back together and test it out!
Get Assistance from Jeffrey Nissan
Need more assistance with your Nissan key fob? Visit us at Jeffrey Nissan to learn more. We can help you replace the battery in your key fob, answer questions about our vehicles, help you compare Nissan models to find the right one for you, and more! Make the trip to Jeffrey Nissan in Roseville today or contact us in the meantime with any questions about Nissan key fobs or Nissan Sentra fuel efficiency.
More from Jeffrey Nissan
Programming the Nissan Intelligent Key is simple. Once you do, you can lock and unlock the doors, open and close the trunk, and remote start your Nissan to warm it up in the colder months for your commutes around Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores. When you’re ready to get started, trust the service team at Jeffrey Nissan to…
There’s nothing worse than getting ready to go out for a movie or run an errand and you can’t get into, or even start, your Nissan. If this is the case, you could be looking at a dead Nissan key fob battery. Can you start a Nissan with a dead key fob? You can! Let…
The 2020 Nissan Rogue’s mpg is one of the most attractive features this stellar new crossover offers, with enough fuel efficiency to keep you away from the pump for as long as possible. Jeffrey Nissan, a long-time dealer of Nissan vehicles in the Roseville and St. Clair Shores areas, is proud to offer the new Nissan Rogue. Read…