Why is my Car Leaking?
If you’ve started noticing pools and puddles of fluid under your vehicle, you might be wondering, “Why is my car leaking?” The answer is a little complicated, but there is one quick way to start narrowing down the problem. The color of the fluid leak may help you pinpoint where the problem is occurring, which means you’re one step closer to solving the problem once and for all. Take a look at our quick diagnostic guide below, and feel free to contact our service department in Roseville for more help!
Do you have a power steering fluid leak or a case of puddled coolant? Take a look below to get a better idea of what’s wrong:
- Red: If you are seeing red, then you might have a power steering fluid leak or faulty transmission seal.
- Pink: The culprits are likely the same as a red fluid leak: power steering fluid or transmission fluid.
- Orange: Pools of orange fluid could be either transmission fluid or rust in your radiator.
- Yellow: Your radiator coolant is likely the culprit of a yellow fluid leak, possibly from a loose hose clamp or damaged o-ring.
- Green: Antifreeze may be dripping from your car’s water pump, hose, or radiator. Consider an AC system evaluation.
- Blue: Windshield wiper fluid can drip from the fluid reservoir and tubing, which leads to blue fluid leaks.
- Light Brown: New motor oil and gear lubricant may look like light brown liquid. Sometimes a bad odor is associated with gear lubricant as well.
- Dark Brown: Older motor oil and brake fluid are dark brown, maybe even black in appearance.
- Clear: Usually, there’s nothing to fear about clear fluid. It’s probably just condensation!
Jeffrey Nissan Can Solve Any Auto Issue!
Now that you’ve done a little research, you can move from “Why is my car leaking?” to “Why is my car leaking coolant?” No matter the issue, the folks at Jeffrey Nissan would be happy to help you get your car back into top shape as well as answer your questions about how long car brakes last and more! Schedule your service with our talented technicians, and you’ll be back on the roads of Sterling Heights and Macomb in no time!
Whether you need help with leaks, or setting up Apple CarPlay, we’re here to help.